Partnering with Bindlestiff Books, A Book A Day program is excited to announce a friendly competition for young and aspiring authors and illustrators in the West Philadelphia community! We invite Kindergarten through 5th-grade students to write and illustrate a story about how they are spending their days at home. There will be a diverse group of judges from the community who will determine the top 3 submissions. With permission, winners will be featured on our website and Instagram!
The deadline for final submissions is May 27, 2020.
Competition and submission details:
May 27 – Submit stories by emailing us pictures of the storybook. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Applicants can write and/or illustrate a short story or a comic of what they have been doing while being home.
- Wordless books will be accepted. There are no limitations on page numbers. Stories can be written in different languages with translations.
- We accept stories written in different languages, as long as translations can be provided.
- Subject line should read: My Indoor Adventures_[name of student]
- In the email, please include: Student’s name, student’s grade (K-5), title of the story & best way to contact you.
(*All personal information will be protected. To ensure fairness, judges will not have access to personal information except for the grade of the applicant.)
- Attach images of the storybook. Upload each page as clearly as possible.
June 14th (Children’s Day) – Winners will be announced and prizes will be arranged for pick up.
1st place – 3 brand new books & gift card to Bindlestiff Books for $125
2nd place – 3 brand new books & gift card to Bindlestiff Books for $75
3rd place – 3 brand new books & gift card to Bindlestiff Books for $50
(*Due to current circumstances, prize distribution method will be determined in June. Pick-up and online orders with Bindlestiff Books will be available.)
Email us at email@example.com
Follow us on Instagram: @pickabookaday